- MAKE one of the recipes below to make a fun kids drink together. Or, make it ahead of time and call your child in from playing outdoors on a hot summer day.
- TAKE A SIP and say, “That tastes so good! Especially on a hot day like today.”
- ASK, what are some things that make you feel better on a hot day?
- EXPLAIN that some people can be like that. They make you feel better. [Read Proverbs 11:25]. When you bless someone—by encouraging them, by being kind, by cheering them on when they’re feeling down, by laughing with them—it makes them feel so good. Refreshed!
- BRAINSTORM different ways to bless others. What do you like it when people do? What are the things that make you feel better?
And that’s it! Super simple ways to introduce Jesus and his word into everyday conversations are sometimes the best.
This is my all-time favorite lemonade. It’s the best!
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
7-up or ginger ale
liquid from two jars of maraschino cherries
Empty the lemonade concentrate into a pitcher. Instead of adding, water, use as many cans of 7-up as indicated. Stir. Add the liquid from the cherries and stir. Serve topped with a cherry.
Strawberry Watermelon Fizz
2 c. watermelon chunks
2 c. strawberries
1 c. sparkling water or seltzer
1/4 c. lemon juice
4 T. sugar (or maple syrup)
Use a blender or something like a Nutribullet to combine all ingredients except the seltzer. When combined, add the seltzer. Pour over crushed ice. The colder this is, the better it tastes.
When you’re discouraged, what makes you feel better?
When you’re sad, what makes you feel better?
When you’re frustrated, what makes you feel better?
When you’re feeling lazy, what makes you want to get up and run around?
Do those things for someone else.