God’s unfailing love continues forever,
and his faithfulness continues to each generation.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and with it comes the perfect chance to create a special gift for a loved one. Use this Family Fingerprint Tree as a springboard to talk to your kids about God’s faithfulness to you, to them and to your family.
What you’ll need
Tree template, red paint (I used acrylic paint), paintbrush, 8×10 picture frame, black Sharpie or something similar
How to create your family fingerprint tree
First, choose your color scheme (red “hearts” or blues and purples or oranges and yellows, etc.).
Next, decide which family member fingerprints you want (Your immediate family, grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles, godparents. Whoever family is to you.)
- Brush a light coat of paint onto your finger. Dipping your finger in paint usually means too much paint and it gets messy.
2. To create a heart shape, press one fingerprint tilted to the right and another tilted to the left so the bottoms are touching.
3. Add as many fingerprints to the end of the tree branches as you have family members.
Optional: Write a verse underneath your family tree. Here are a few to choose from:
- As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
- His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation. Psalm 100:5
- Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Cor. 13:7
Super simple “devotional”
Psalm says “God’s unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation” (100:5). Someone who is FAITHFUL is someone you can count on, someone you can trust to take care of you.
Look at your generation, those on your family fingerprint tree.
- How has God shown his faithfulness to you?
- How has God been faithful to your family?
Tree template by Susan Gallagher at https://www.onefabday.com/diy-project-free-fingerprint-tree-template/